head phone amp - daft question?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
how are head phone amps connected to your hi fi for example the graham slee nova - i am guessing they would be connected to the audio outs on your amp? do they have both an audio in and out built in - reason for my question is i only have one set of outputs on my pre amp which go to two mono power amps that have no outputs - would i need to buy a splitter or are the boxes designed with this in mind? if they have an in and out would i notice any reduction in sound quality?

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I would think that ordinarily you'd use the tape out. That doesn't help much in your case it seems.

Take a look at these. I can't comment on their quality.

Stormboy

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi

There are three possibilities. First, if your source has more than one output, you can connect the source directly to the headphone amplifier and have another connection to the preamplifier. If your source only has one output, you may be able to connect the source to the headphone amplifier and then the headphone amplifier passthrough outputs to the preamplifer; if your headphone amplifer has them. Finally, you can connect the headphone amplifier to the tape loop on your preamplifer.

If you are going to connect the headphone amplifer in series with the preamplifer (method two above) be very carefull. You will have two volume controls in series and may overamplify the signal, damanging your system.

Stormboy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts