HDMI to RCA for PS3 to have HD

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello, anyone knows if there is any HDMI cable to RCA that would allow an old receiver to get the channels independently. Would this be possible to build? I have seen some cables around that go from HDMI to HDMI + 2RCA for stereo but I have not seen any that do HDMI to HDMI + 5RCA. This would be a great tool for owners of old receivers in order to get the HD audio from any BD player. Thanks, Pablo

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
OK, that is a pitty. I suppose PS3 has more limitations on this respect than other BD players. Many thanks, Pablo.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
rendu:OK, that is a pitty. I suppose PS3 has more limitations on this respect than other BD players. Many thanks, Pablo.

It's nothing to do with the PS3. HDMI is a DIGITAL connection, whether it's sending the encoded soundtrack or the PCM bitstream it's still digital, you're expecting a cable to convert that into an analogue signal for the RCA connectors, which isn't going to happen regardless of what you plug it into.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I guess rendu is saying that, unlike many other BD players, the PS3 doesn't have analogue outputs. But then it does a lot no other BD player at that kind of money can do...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Although personally I'd spend the money on a dedicated Blu-Ray player with multichannel analogue outputs - you can pickup a Panasonic DMP-BD80 for less than that and a Sony BDP-S760 for not much more...

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, I suppose that for that price I agree with the option of a BD player. I am not thinking of spending that kind of money only for that anyway so, letïs hope that in future they come up with a better and cheaper alternative.

Many thanks, Pablo

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:I guess rendu is saying that, unlike many other BD players, the PS3 doesn't have analogue outputs. But then it does a lot no other BD player at that kind of money can do...

You probably meant no multichannel analogue outputs. But then very few budget Blu-Ray players (in the same price range as the PS3) have multichannel analogue out.

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
rendu:
Thanks, I suppose that for that price I agree with the option of a BD player. I am not thinking of spending that kind of money only for that anyway so, letïs hope that in future they come up with a better and cheaper alternative.

Many thanks, Pablo

First of all, considering what rendu initially asked, Andrew clearly meant that the PS3 doesn't have multichannel analogue outputs.

Secondly, just to clarify, the PS3 combines stereo analogue outputs and a composite video output into a single 'AV Multi Out' socket. This requires use of a special cable bundled with the PS3 package.

I digress though, this isn't really relevant - what rendu really wants is to convert LPCM audio from HDMI into multichannel analogue, and I agree with the prof, a dedicated Blu-ray player with such outputs is the best way forward. I bought a Panasonic BD80 to overcome this very problem, and I highly recommend it.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
KevinOK:You probably meant no multichannel analogue outputs. But then very few budget Blu-Ray players (in the same price range as the PS3) have multichannel analogue out.

Given that the OP was talking about multichannel analogue output, yes that's of course what I meant.

And to address your other point, in the sensible money arena there's the Sony BDP-S550, Panasonic DMP-BD80, Philips BDP7300 and Samsung BD-P3600, and that's before you start getting into slightly older models (and some current ones) available at discount prices.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts