HDMI conection

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
For the best results straight to TV, assuming your player has at least as good upcsaling as the receiver and you don't mind doing without the convenience of the receiver's switching.

Sliced Bread

Andrew Everard:For the best results straight to TV, assuming your player has at least as good upcsaling as the receiver and you don't mind doing without the convenience of the receiver's switching.

Actually I must admit there is a definite picture change when I send my Denon DVD player through my 905 amp (even in "through" mode). The colours are more muted and I also get ghosting in the form of a band that stretches across the screen when there is an exceptionally bright white on the screen.

Although to be fair I also get the ghosting this with my sky box which is going straight into my screen, so it may be the TV simply has trouble processing bright whites and the amplifier has somehow adjusted the white balance on the DVD players signal.

The amp is definitely muting the colours though! But I can't stay mad at it for long :O)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts