Having second thoughts on speakers!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just bought a pair of Q Acoustics 1050i and a sub and I am happy with the sound however I have just seen the mission e34 for £300 down from £650. I can still exchange the speakers and get the missions by adding another £50 but dont know if they are any good? I have had old missions and they were excellent speakers but felt the newer models in the last few years had lost something. I dont think the missions normally retailing at £200 - £300 will compete with the q acoustics but the e34 is meant to be a £650 speaker so is this so much better? 9 out of 10 dealers have never heard them so they cant even give me a opinion.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If you're happy with what you have, I wouldn't change unless you can audition the Missions and think they will give an improvement. Doing this blind could be very risky and, although it seems a bargain, if they don't sound as good, it'll be a pain to get it back to how you were before!

A

Anonymous

Thats the problem with mission these days very few shops carry them in stock unless there the 79 range (which I think is seriously overpriced). I think I will stick with the floor standers I have but upgrade the sub. The q acoustics sub is fine when using it with small bookshelfs but I feel it doesnt go low enough with the floorstanders. Been looking at the bk or the mj but they are £300 and I dont know how the bass sounds being non ported. The mission e34 does look lovely but just the looks cant be enough to tempt me and the last missions I had were the m74i which had a nasty treble unit.

A

Anonymous

Hi Mohsin.

I was once a fan of mission, they manufactured some excellent speakers, once upon a time. I owned the Mission 765i, they were absolutely outstanding. Recently (as i sold all my old gear) I decided to put another system together, not high -end but something that would sound nice for the money. I ended up buying the mission m35i's thinking to myself that they would suffice for my needs. I didn't audition them. Not a very wise thing to do.

I was 'completely underwhelmed' at there performance. Wish i would of gone for B&W's tbh. If i was you i'd look at other options, until mission get there act together and start producing speakers everyone is talking about (i think thats unlikely though) i'd stay clear. The only thing the company has going for them at the moment is the 'Mission' brand name, they were once a very reputable company, now, nothing more than mediocre.

Im not trying turn yourself or anyone else from buying Mission products, but they are a far from what they once were. Just my opinion.

EDIT: My mistake, you say you've already bought some speakers. Glad your happy with the sound. As for a sub-woofer, you wont go wrong with the, BK monolith, remarkable piece of kit for the money.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your advice guys as I was seriously also considering the m35i, I think the q acoustics will be fine and once the sub is upgraded I should be a happy man.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts