have i made a big mistake

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i put a lp on and it sounded awful then put another and the same then i looked close at the stylus and it was full of crap but behind the if that makes sense so a slow brush from back to front could not budge it. i then thought one brush from front to back still a big blob of crap. so pissed of i then got some of my cleaning fluid and put a touch on my stylus brush and it removed it and it now sounds great.

But is wet cleaning my stylus a bad thing as i may have to do it twice a week if i keep listen to 5 lps a day. And howw long should i let it dry for over night or as i did 45mins.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Smuggs. You are asking for trouble if you brush front to back. Think about it logically with regs to how the cantilever operates. And for gawds sake dont brush side to side. How clean is your bottle of Disco fluid ?. Prolly a gunk build up from your fluid if its dirty, big downside to the Disco is mucky fluid drying on your records surface. So on first play you dig out a ton of scrunge .

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
sorry lads i have only ever done that one front to back and i would never go side to side.

so am i ok to keep wet cleaning the stylus with my distilled water.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts