Haunted headphones?

Tintaglia

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone :) Long first post but I have a weird problem with my headphones. They are Sennheiser HD419's bought direct from Amazon. I quite pleased with them for the price. They worked ok at first but then they began playing some tracks perfectly and others not at all. I assumed they were faulty but then I noticed that they would favour the same tracks each time, refusing to play others (almost like they didin't like the music!)

I couldn't really believe what was happening. Should this even be possible? I mentioned this to my my wife who had a good chortle at my expense because most of the music they won't play is mine!

I had a bizzare experience today when I was checking some acoustic guitar I had uploaded to Soundcloud. (Headphones working perfectly) I went back to compare the original Audacity version without bothering to close the Soundcloud tab. I couldn't hear the Audacity file (except on speakers) but then Souncloud started auto-playing the next track in the headphones! I should have heard both tracks playing at once but not in this case.

That more or less proves the problem isn't poor connections etc. It seems as if they are 'smart' headphones and a fault has developed leading to them only playing certain files. It does seem to be the Audicity files they don't like. But the sound always comes out of the speakers ok which is a bit odd in itself since the headphones are plugged in so should cut the speakers off.

What does it all mean? I know now my headphones don't like my guitar playing via Audacity but it seems a bit harsh for them to haunt me in this way! *biggrin*

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
We are humbled that you would grace us with your presence my Queen however I fear you may struggle to find headphones large enough to fit over your majestically enormous head!

Tintaglia

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Fixed! It was my fault, the preferences in Audacity were wrong. Sorry to have taken your time.

The-Lhc- They fit perfectly, thanks for your concern.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts