Harman Kardon HK980 Amp vs. PM6002

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I had a quick listen to one of these in Richer Sounds the other day back to back against the Marantz PM6002 and I thought it sounded better than the Marantz.

Has anyone else listened to this amp. I don't see any reviews anywhere.

A

Anonymous

Anyone??

I found some very positive reviews in Swedish on the HK980.

I think I might pull the trigger on one to replace my ageing NAD3020

matthewpiano

If it sounds better to you then go for it. I wasn't terribly impressed with the PM6002 when I tried it but many many people rate it very highly. I've not heard the HK (I suspect very few people have), but I would expect its potentially very good. Your own ears need to be the judge in the end. Either will be a step up from your NAD. Alternatively look at the new NAD C326BEE.

A

Anonymous

Thanks,

I'm currently upgrading my 20 yr old system. Just changed my Mission 761's for Dali Lektor 2's (Absolutely huge improvement, awesome speakers for the money) I then decided to replace my Technics SLP277a CDP with a NAD545BEE (noticeable improvement - sounds more alive with extra sparkle, detail and atmosphere over the Technics player).

I'm pretty much happy with the sound now apart from the bass being a bit flabby and boomy. I really like the NAD3020 sound with the dalis/545bee but I'm wondering if a newer amp would correct the boomy bass. If anyone has any sugesstions on other amps upto £500 that I should listen to that would be great. I will also look at the the C326BEE as suggested.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I have just got one of these and so far i am very impressed. The amp has lots of power and control and on my Epos speakers produces a very solid sound, not harsh even at high volumes. I like the white light on the volume as well - much better than blue. Build quality is high. I needed something with a bit of kick so didn't consider the Marantz for too long.

Nick

TRENDING THREADS