Harman Kardon AVR155 is it any good?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just seen this on the Richer Sounds website for £249.00 and was wondering if it was any good? I might try have a look at it tomorrow if they still have some left as Receiver seem to be rarer than rocking horse s**t.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
WHF weren't over impressed with the AVR355 & AVR255 (although another magazine has the latter in its recommended section).

The styling's certainly makes a change from the usual. At that price, it's got to be worth considering (provided you don't need any of the HD sound formats).

A

Anonymous

At the moment I don't need HD Audio as I don't have a compatible Blu-ray player, but of course I may well get one in the future, so would this be a problem with this Receiver?

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
The receiver itself doesn't decode HD audio. However, some Blu-ray players can do the decoding and send the decoded output to the receiver, provided the receiver has the right number of imputs!

From the manual (available here), it looks like the AVR155 can do this ("6 channel direct inputs"). If so, then the lack of HD decoding onboard the receiver shouldn't be a problem.

That price is good - it sells at over £400 at most places!

A

Anonymous

Sounds promising to me, I think I will go along to RicherSounds and have a listen, lets hope they still have some in stock!!!
Also how do you think it compares to the other amps on the market like the Yamaha DSPAX-763 and the Sony STR-DG820?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts