Hard disk FLAC USB player and streamer in one ?

robotronic

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Is there any device streamer/player which can also accept USB Hard Disk so I can play music from this and if possible have remote as android phone with a display on? Of course it needs to support at least FLAC files, DSD would be nice too. And it needs to be connected to DAC

Samd

Wont almost any streamer/player do what you want? I use Cambridge CXN but its limitation is:

The CXN does not scan entire USB storage devices to build an artist/
track database. It is therefore recommended that audio files are stored in a
structured way by artist and album to facilitate locating tracks

Have a look at the Innuos products. They’ll give you internet radio, Spotify, Qobuz, and TIDAL, as well as digital storage. The only downside is that it doesn’t see directly attached storage to play it, so best to transfer what you have onto the Innuos then you can keep your drive as a back up. If your drive or music is on the network, it’ll have access to it and be able to stream it. Third party Android and IOS apps available, but Innuos are working on their own.

robotronic

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Wont almost any streamer/player do what you want? I use Cambridge CXN but its limitation is:

The CXN does not scan entire USB storage devices to build an artist/
track database. It is therefore recommended that audio files are stored in a
structured way by artist and album to facilitate locating tracks
Somehow price of £700 is a bit too much for me........I was hoping for some kind of chinesse marvel if exists on ebay or somewhere.

inias

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
Is there any device streamer/player which can also accept USB Hard Disk so I can play music from this and if possible have remote as android phone with a display on? Of course it needs to support at least FLAC files, DSD would be nice too. And it needs to be connected to DAC
Onkyo and Pioneer streamers have all the features you are looking for : FLAC, DSD, Hard disk play, even MQA. Some of their Network Stereo Receivers are even more of a bargain at RS if you search for openbox or refurbished...

Reactions: robotronic

robotronic

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Onkyo and Pioneer streamers have all the features you are looking for : FLAC, DSD, Hard disk play, even MQA. Some of their Network Stereo Receivers are even more of a bargain at RS if you search for openbox or refurbished...
Thats great to hear, it looks like full featured devices will soon replace expensive CD players (IMHO), as I am happy to run CD from cheap DVD players connected to DAC, or even better do ditch all the dust gathering discs.

Reactions: inias

inias

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
Thats great to hear, it looks like full featured devices will soon replace expensive CD players (IMHO), as I am happy to run CD from cheap DVD players connected to DAC, or even better do ditch all the dust gathering discs.
I agree. Although I would not necessarily discount the quality of any product based on its price. I was astounded when my Onkyo NS 6130 sounded more open and cleaner when running through the onboard DAC instead of when running through the irdac2 with the same high quality interconnects.

manicm

I got a Denon Ceol N10 system for my mum and honestly its great for around 350 quid. It’s initially a bit slow reading the usb drive, but it’s fully connected, and it sounds really good. If you don’t like the supplied speakers you can add your own.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts