Happy new year to me .... love from Marantz

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After some humming and Haaaaring and general auditioning and pondering I decided on the MCR603. In the running have been an Arcam A18, or a very long save for a Naim Unity and others. The Marantz was always a possibility because of it's features. I wasn't sure it could provide the sound quality I like though. Airplay, Cd player, 60 wpc, DAB, FM, sub out, Internet connectivity, optical in is a stacked feature list. Oh yes... and remote control. I was only ever looking at the unit on it's own without speakers as I love my DM1's. The speakers that come with the Marantz are actually very well made and sound good for the £89 price tag and make the dodgy looking pair that come with Denon's equivalent machine look like toys. This is strange considering they are sister companies. It must be a life style thing for the Denon. So the only thing that would seal the deal would be sound quality and on this point it has succeeded. I don't know what DAC it uses but it makes for a very enjoyable listen. As a test it was connected to some Spendor SA1's to see how it coped. The Spendor's 85 sensitivity was no problem for the Marantz.. This corresponds with Andrew Everard's view that this unit can be matched with speakers that aren't considered budget. So one less box and looking forward to a bit of 6 music and some more obscure country radio stations from the States. The Technics not being sold but just re allocated.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Enjoy your Happy New Year present
emotion-1.gif

Please keep us posted with your thoughts as you use it a bit more. I'm looking for something along those lines at the mo.

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much.

My decision to purchase hinged on it being able to equal or better The previous equipments sound quality, which it did admirably. So that combined with the feature count made it an ideal purchase.

Will report back at some point

A

Anonymous

I have been trying to find out which DAC the above uses. I wonder if it's the same as the one in the 6003? Maybe I am rubbish at googling or maybe the information is not on the net.
Has anybody got any idea ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts