Half Life 2 Orange Box

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Seeming as we now have a gaming section..........:p

Gone back to this amazing collection.

Half Life 2 is HUGE is scope, and amazing in the way it uses physics. It might be getting on a bit now, but ANY gamer would be foolish to miss out on this amazing game. Episode 1 (which ive just started) is even better than the main game. Theres too many people sticking with COD and the like these days - check out a REAL game

On top of that theres - episode 2, portal (fantastic mini game) and team fortress 2 (not that ive really dabbled in that)

I have the PS3 version which got slated as it was a poor port. Well yes, they could definitely have got it running better, but its still so good that a bit of slowdown and bad loading times cant ruin it for me.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Cookie Monster said:
See this at silly prices. Will give it a go based on your personal review.

You might not like the 1st scene, as it feels quite constricting

But after youve dropped through a roof its game on :p

A

Anonymous

I got the Orange Box a couple of years ago for Christmas. It's still in the cellophane. I might have to give it a try. I liked the first Half Life on the ps2.
I've still to play Bioshock 1 & 2, Thrillville, Red Dead Redemption and GTA: Tales from Liberty City as well.
Maybe I should leave the racing games alone for a few months.

I'll probably get Duke Nukem though on week of release if it's a good price. I liked the demo at Gadget Show Live.

A

Anonymous

The orange box is one of my favorite games on the 360, half life 2 still puts most of today's games to shame even though it's knocking on a bit.roll on half life 3 :)

A

Anonymous

Can thouroughly recommend Portal 2, amazing game, and the coop is great fun as well

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I finished HL2 Episode 2 yesterday. I thought that was the end but it seems the as yet not completed episode 3 will be.
Thinking back to just how much of a game HL2 + both episodes put together has amounted to is staggering

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The Orange Box is not only the the best gaming currently available, it's also the best value gaming available too IMO.

You get all 3 episodes of Half-life 2 which is the best single player First Person Shooter ever. To complete Half-Life 2 will take about 30-40 hours of perfectly balanced gaming.

You get Portal which is a 4 hour 3D puzzle game that will bend and twist you mind in ways you would have never have thought possible. It's also has a genuinely hilarious script which will really make you LOL.

Then there's Team Fortress 2 the cartoon multi-player online shooter. I didn't like this one at first but it's worth persisting with. After about 10 hours of gameplay I realized that it is really a deep tactical strategy game which is played as a first person shooter. The key to it's success is the classes, you may think that you get classes in other games but they're nothing like these ones. In TF2 each character is very good at the one thing they specialize in but they are practally useless at everything else which makes each class choice a much more meaningful one. My Steam account tells me I've played TF2 for 145 hours so far and it still never fails to surprise and entertain me.

caesar44

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
aliEnRIK said:
I finished HL2 Episode 2 yesterday. I thought that was the end but it seems the as yet not completed episode 3 will be.

I finished this game last year, yes it was an unexpected ending. Cant wait for the next episode!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts