Great Oled review from WHF

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Quote from the article:

"If you still use 3D..."

When it first came out I opined that 3D would be a flash in the pan.

WHF, at the time, begged to differ.

My new (Samsung) 4K TV came with four sets of 3D glasses. They're still in their wrappers.

I wonder how long the curved screens fad will last? Has Barratt started building curved houses? I think not.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Quote from the article:

"If you still use 3D..."

When it first came out I opined that 3D would be a flash in the pan.

WHF, at the time, begged to differ.

My new (Samsung) 4K TV came with four sets of 3D glasses. They're still in their wrappers.

3D television's demise was something of a self fulfilling prophecy, then -- the weight of historical opinion rendered the technology a failure before its introduction.

Benedict_Arnold said:
I wonder how long the curved screens fad will last? Has Barratt started building curved houses? I think not.

I accept that curved walls would make wall mounting curved TVs easier, but this is otherwise a non sequitur.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
I wonder how long the curved screens fad will last?  Has Barratt started building curved houses?  I think not.

I accept that curved walls would make wall mounting curved TVs easier, but this is otherwise a non sequitur.

Portland_Bill_Bill_2.jpg

"Half of the excitement of buying a new curved TV is waiting for the delivery"

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
strapped for cash said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

"Half of the excitement of buying a new curved TV is waiting for the delivery"

I love Portland Bill! *smile*

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Given the eye-watering sums of money many of the big TV manufacturers have lost over the last few years, new technology hasn't always been the salvation they hoped for.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Yea thats the problem with new tech.. Look at 3D... Before that it was HD. People only just getting use to blue ray.. then it was 3D then it was curve.. then it was OLED .. then it is 4K.. then it is 4K OLED.. Then it is 8K.. I think anyone buying all this marketing bull... is wasting money.. IMHO, I think OLED is the right place to be right now.. Even if you buy 4K now by the time the material to play with it is available, your teles are no more compatiable.

These manufacturers really know how to get our money.. *lol* The 930V is superb

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts