great offers ,time to upgrade speakers

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi , I am about to upgrade my speakers after 3 years , I need to decide till next tuesday can you help me please folks ?

B&W 684 , Rega Rs3(ex demo),Rega Rs5 (ex demo) , Castle Knight 3 or Knight 5 (ex demo ) Which of these are warmest sounding ? I heard Castle Knight speakers at Mancheser show with Marantz and I liked it a lot but how these would match with rega stuff ? no demo possible around .

Thank You for comments and let me wish You Merry Christmas

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Your Rega amp isn't that big, so taking it with you when you're going to an audition should be no problem ;)

But since you already have a few Rega electronics, you might want to go for Rega speakers too. They work great together.

The B&W 684 are great speakers too with big bass (if you like that), but I haven't heard it with the Brio yet, so I can't tell much about that. I do know those 684 like power, and for that, the Brio R might be a bit small.

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have demo next Tuesday , I'll take my brio and we will see how it handle B&W 684 and maybe some Monitor audio BX5 ,

or some other speakers , Rega rs3 are good and flexible but I like more bassy warmer sound . I bought this amp because of great reviews and so far i am not very impressed . I think its too bright at least with 601s3's . 684's are 90 db , quite easy to drive . Castle's Knight 4 look great but no chance for audition around .

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have demo next Tuesday , I'll take my brio and we will see how it handle B&W 684 and maybe some Monitor audio BX5 ,

or some other speakers , Rega rs3 are good and flexible but I like more bassy warmer sound . I bought this amp because of great reviews and so far i am not very impressed . I think its too bright at least with 601s3's . 684's are 90 db , quite easy to drive . Castle's Knight 4 look great but no chance for audition around .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts