Graham Slee Solo Headphone Amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone own or have experience of the Graham Slee Solo Headphone Amplifier, if so please pass on your information to me and others.Many Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I have the Graham Slee Voyager headphone amp and also a Firestone Audio Cute Battery.

The Graham Slee doesn't look as nice as the Firestone Audio amplifier, but is a better balanced sounding amplifier in my opinion. I use the Slee Voyager headphone amplifier to drive my HD650's and it really opens them up, especially when using with poor quality headphone outputs like that on the iPod.

A

Anonymous

I have the Graham Slee Solo. I don't have the PS1 power supply, but I do have a home made one of comparable quality. Lets just say its night and day better than anything in its class (unless you are a valve freak and want a tube sound).
If you intend to use cans a lot, you need an amp. It goes without saying that you need the source to be excellent to do it justice, but I have had fantastic results with Ipod lossless and a decent line out lead. To borrow a phrase: 5 STAR top buy.

A

Anonymous

Forgot to say... Use it with Grado cans, and it sang like a dream with GS1000's. I have other Grados, and have also had superb results with the smaller Shure E500's and previously the E5C.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that I use Alessandro Headphones. What Power Supply do you use with it? Also what interconnect , I heard that Graham Slee recommend the Cusat 50? Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Mr P. My power supply was built by an electro geek... all I know is it has comparable quality to the PS1. It is home made in a box, and does a great job. My advice would be that the PS1 is an expensive luxury, and to be bought if you can afford to without worry. If not, press all your cash into the Slee.
As for interconnects, due to having to remodel my lounge for the wife's tastes, my cd has gone. I use my ipod with lossless files, with a high quality interconnect from the line out (ipod) to RCA. OK... bit overkill to use the Solo with an ipod, but it is fine for me. That is one reason why I sold my GS1000's, as I didn't have the set up to do them justice. I can get a great price on a set though, new, if you are interested! Amazing cans.

A

Anonymous

Hello , just out of interest how much would they cost? Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts