Grado SR325e Review

Soundcloud

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I have purchased and returned two pairs of SR325e over the last two weeks from two different authorised retailers and both were faulty with the same problem. There was heavy distortion coming from one of the drivers in both sets. The sound cut out completely from time to time in one of the pairs.

When I realised the second pair was faulty I contacted Grado UK (Armour Home) and they were less than helpful, even quite rude for suggesting it was almost certainly my fault for starting listening at too high a volume which can affect the drivers, whilst offering no alternative causes. The thing is I listened to them using a tube amp which takes about five minutes to warm up so there was no sudden spike nor did I listen to them at a high volume once the amp had warmed up. When I realised they were faulty I also tried them straight out of the headphone jack of two different laptops and experienced the same issue so I am 99% certain it is the headphones at fault. Given how highly I have thought of Grado over the years and £300 isn't to be sniffed at for a pair of headphones I was shocked to be shrugged off in this manner, the customer service is clearly on par with the build quality of the headphones.

I have owned many pairs of Grado headphones and even though the build quality is poor at best the only problem I have experienced with them is the cable casing pulling away at the ends but I wasn't alarmed by that given the use they got and how much I enjoyed the sound from each pair.

This has completely knocked my confidence in Grado and I intend to steer well clear from them in future.

I have since purchased a pair of headphones from Shure, a little more expensive but completely worth it, sound is top notch and best of all build is bomb proof.

Soundcloud

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Sure, I didn't want to post on the forum at all but WHF seem to be withholding my review of the 325 - not sure what that's about.

I now have Shure 1540 which worked out £50 more but worth their weight in gold.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts