Gradio SR60i/SR85i or Sienhasser HD595 and iPod

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been thinking about buying some new headphones, I'm currently using a pair of in ear buds and they do a good job but they lack weight. I have been looking at reviews and the headphones which have caught my interest are the Gradio SR60i or SR85i and the Seinhasser HD595 headphones.

My concern is whether an iPod Classic would have enough to drive these headphones or is there a better alternative which offers better weight and doesn't leak too much sound when listening at moderate levels.

Many Thanks

John

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
John, I`m no expert but, from personal experience, if you want Grados for your portable, you ought to look at the Grado iGrados. They have the same drivers as the SR60s (not sure about the new SR60i - whether they have new drivers or not, I mean), but are made specifically for portables. I bought my sister a pair, she loves them. One word of warning though: try them before you buy them - the design is unusual, and might not suit everyone comfort wise. I`m still using a pair of Sennheiser PX100s. They sound really good considering their weight - you hardly know you`re wearing them - worth a listen.

bemahler1

Jan 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi John. Go for the Grado iGrados they are excellent and very retro looking. I have a pair of the Grado iGrados and Grado SR60s which leak like mad. Also you will need to get yourself a small portable headphone amp, a Cmoy or one of the other various small amps that are out there will do the job and one last expense is a lead that fits into the bottom of your classic and then into the amp, this disables the volume control on the classic, so you then can control the volume from the amp, I'm not sure what it is called but I know someone on the forum will point you in the right direction, hope this helps.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
My iGrados work beautifully with my iPhone - no problem driving them. There is leakage, but this will only be a problem if you listen to loud music in situations where others might be annoyed.

A

Anonymous

Thank you all for your responses. While I'm looking for headphones which don't leak too much its none essential, I'm just a considerate person would doesn't want to force everyone to enjoy my good taste in music.

I will definately give the iGrados an audition even though I'm not a huge fan of the behind the head design.

I'm really interested in the portable headphone ampifier, I will look into that one right away.

Thanks again guys.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts