Gotham GAC-1

k77stan

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
i recently changed the jumpers on my new Nad amp with the shortest possible interconnects -13cm gotham gac-1 from e.b. ,i checked some old posts here and the overal vibe on gotham seems pretty positive,but whf review slams them with 2* ..could it be that they just don't like small timers getting reputation and sales above the well established ones?just a thought..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gotham-GAC-1-stereo-phono-jumper-set-for-NAD-etc-/370492070719?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item56430c5b3f

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I have them and used them on my C352 and C355BEE amps as well as trying other interconnects that I got cut short and re-terminated (Chord Crimson and some QED Qenex 2's I think)

There were no differences to the sound at all with any of them but they all improved the sound over the standard small metal bar links that come with the NAD amps!

IMO for £12-£15 theyre worth it

k77stan

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah,i think so..what it is is that i'm after a 1.5m interconnect to hook my plazma to the amp..and gotham do 1.5m as others don't..for that aplication it should be good enough I would've thought..

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
k77stan said:
Yeah,i think so..what it is is that i'm after a 1.5m interconnect to hook my plazma to the amp..and gotham do 1.5m as others don't..for that aplication it should be good enough I would've thought..

Brother has this in his system: http://www.futureshop.co.uk/audioquest-evergreen-2-rca-to-2-rca-audio-cable-15m-p-5420.html#.URJiE-iXvpA

Very good interconnect; compared it against an old Atlas Equator cable and a Chord CrimsonPlus I had and it stands up very well for itself. Great sound with plenty of detail. Was better than the Atlas IMO and just as good as the CrimsonPlus!

daveh75

I stupidly got caught up in all the forum hype WRT Gotham and bought a set.

Thought they were poorly made, and of course made no difference to SQ. 2* is being over generous IMO..

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
k77stan said:
could it be that they just don't like small timers getting reputation and sales above the well established ones?just a thought..

Yeah, like how they gave those awful reviews to EB acoustics speakers. Because this magazine is all about hidden agendas. Just don't mention the illuminati. Could it be that you are just a shill for Gotham? Just a thought. (Not serious.)

Captain Duff

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
daveh75 said:
I stupidly got caught up in all the forum hype WRT Gotham and bought a set. Thought they were poorly made, and of course made no difference to SQ. 2* is being over generous IMO..

But how does an interconnect cable change SQ? No cable, however expensive or esoteric, can add anything to a signal (although worryingly large numbers of people seem to think they can - without thinking about it or being able to explain how exactly), all the best cable can realistically do is not degrade that original signal and it protect from outside interferance (if it is a problem to begin with) through shielding.

Of course if a cable really did alter SQ (and I am happy to accept that some probably do via frequency degregation) it is by restricting parts of the original signal - but then what you have is a very rough (and often daftly expensive) method for doing it; far better to get a proper equaliser in the first place (or a source and amp that actually work as they should).

Personally I'm convinced that all this cables alter sound malarky came about when most amps ditched their tone controls and equalisers were seen as so 1980s. Ever since people have been desperately trying to recreate their effects, often without realising, and many are fooled into paying lots of money for some copper or silver wire in the process.

Me? Well I', happy with my Mark Grant GD1000's that also got a rubbish review in WHF, simply because they offer the right quality materials in the right wire gauge in a well made way and a half-decent price. I've not used Gothams, but if some are poorly put together then that is probably where the issue lays, otherwise they will sound the same as any other cable that has the right gauge of copper between the two decent connectors...

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
can-o-worms.gif

k77stan

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
ID. said:
k77stan said:
could it be that they just don't like small timers getting reputation and sales above the well established ones?just a thought..

Yeah, like how they gave those awful reviews to EB acoustics speakers. Because this magazine is all about hidden agendas. Just don't mention the illuminati. Could it be that you are just a shill for Gotham? Just a thought. (Not serious.)

not quite as i ended up buying the audioquest evergreen as advised by
d_a_n1979 ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts