Got some floorstanding speakers....

mightyquin

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
My s/h hifi quest continues. Having bought a Cyrus 1 I liked the punchy sound but the bass was a bit on the light side through my Wharfedale Diamond 8.1's - I really like their sound otherwise.

What to do? I thought I'd keep an eye out for a pair of 8.2's and try them - bit bigger box and bigger driver. Then someone not too far away posted some 8.3's on ebay which I picked up last night.

I hooked them up after a quick listen to a couple of 'test' tracks through the 8.1's again. The 8.3's have much more bass of course and an overall 'warmer' sound to my ears than the 8.1's (probably just the result of the bass).

The only thing is, they are quite big! I was surprised just how much bigger they are - mostly depth of the cabinet. I'm wondering if they're a bit too much for my fairly average sized living room.....but they do sound nice!

I will do some more auditioning this evening - so far I've not had any complaints from the neighbours! Actually at lower volumes they sound better I think - you can't play the 8.1's too low.

Maybe I should still get some 8.2's when I can and decide which to keep then (total expenditure so far on the two sets of speakers is about £70).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts