Good TV for a tight budget

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I've been saving my pennies all year in anticipation of the sales and now I'm just confused.

I've got £500 to spend on a new TV and i want to go 40inch+. It will mainly be used for sky tv and DVD/Blu-ray via a PS3. I don't do a lot of gaming so that isnt much of a concern.

the sets i've looked at are the LG 42LE4500 at £499 from currys/pcworld and the LG47LD450 at £479 from richer sounds.

the problem is that they are both 50Hz and ive been told that at this sort of size it is very noticable, but there is a significant jump in price to go to a 100Hz or better set.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Oly

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Yes 50 hz on that size tv is not ideal, but my friend got the LG47LD450 and it looks good with Sky HD and Blu-ray.Not so ggod with sd source like sky and dvd.Not sure about gaming as he uses a different tv for that.The LG50PK350 plasma is much better, but if your after a lcd you will struggle to find one at that price.Try looking at Samsung around £550 for a 46" last time i looked , can't remember model no at the moment.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for the reply

Trying to stay away from plasma as i've got a window opposite the tv and i don't want to end up sat watching myself watching tv in the reflection. I watch most tv in the evening so i havn't compleatly written plasma off but i'm trying to explore all other avenues first.

Oly

A

Anonymous

I've had another look arround and it looks like i just can't get 100hz for my budget.

I'm currently thinking of going for the samsung LE40C530 which i can get for £340 and waiting a couple of years to see if the prices come down or 3D proves not to be just a gimmic.

Has anyone got any experience with that model?

Thanks

oly

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Samsung LE40C650 for £539 @ Crampton & Moore and is 100Hz and better than the C530 IMO

I had a B650 which was a great TV, only sold recently to buy Kuro 50"

A

Anonymous

still looking around and i'm leaning towards the LG 42LE450. it has the wow factor of being a super thin led and the picture was good in store which means it will be even better when it's set up properly at home.

has anyone got this tv? is it any good? is the 50hz really noticable(I don't watch sport)?

I know i ask a lot of questions but any help is appreciated

Oly

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts