Good quality cheap 3.5mm to 2 phono cable?

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
I'll be needing this for a connection between a Phono amp and Stereo amp!

They have some really cheap ones on Amazon, do not want it to degrade the sound though.

Best

Danny

mjcmt

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd step up from the really cheap stuff and get an entry cable from someone like QED. Or direct from a company like Monoprice that makes their own.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/search.asp?spcDB=10218&spcWord=Audio+Cables+%2D+RCA+%26+3%2E5mm&keyword=3.5mm%20to%202%20phono%20cable

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
There's ten billion on eBay and Amazon. Avoid the dead cheap ones which are poorly made and won't last five minutes. Having dispensed with those, take your pick from any of the rest. And don't worry about the sound. Despite what some crazed lunatics will tell you, the good ones will all sound so nearly identical that there will never be a time when the sound-quality of the cable will be a limiting factor. When you've done what I have done, and lifted the lid on your highly-regarded HiFi amp only to find critical parts of the audio-chain are linked to each other by computer-grade ribbon-cables (which presumably do the job perfectly well), you'll realise that worrying about which interconnects are hanging out the ar$e-end is futile.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
There's ten billion on eBay and Amazon. Avoid the dead cheap ones which are poorly made and won't last five minutes. Having dispensed with those, take your pick from any of the rest. And don't worry about the sound. Despite what some crazed lunatics will tell you, the good ones will all sound so nearly identical that there will never be a time when the sound-quality of the cable will be a limiting factor. When you've done what I have done, and lifted the lid on your highly-regarded HiFi amp only to find critical parts of the audio-chain are linked to each other by computer-grade ribbon-cables (which presumably do the job perfectly well), you'll realise that worrying about which interconnects are hanging out the ar$e-end is futile.

:cheer:

:cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts