Glitch in the stock email client Galaxy S2

SteveR750

Has anyone else experienced this? When using the preshipped email client, when I try to delete a word with the backspace key when writing an emila, the word I am deleting appears to the right of the cursor, effectively making it impossible to clear text! It jist started doing it this morning, it's been fine for the last 2-3 months.

Tried re-booting, with and without sim; no difference. I am going to try uninstalling and re-installing the app see if that fixes it.

SteveR750

Seems it only has the problem when using the keyboard in Swype mode. Switching to standard keyboard mode, and the backspace works fine. Re-set all accounts, but problem is still there, extremely annoying. Tried the K-9 email app, but couldnt even get it to sync with hotmail, let alone MS exchange server (what the hell is OWA path?? Intuitive not)

A

Anonymous

I have similar problem but when i clean my screen it stops doing that.

SteveR750

HOw do you mean? Physically clean it, or remove all the text?

The only solution for me is to switch from the swype keyboard back to standard, which works as it should. I only get this problem with email, not with gmail, hotmail, texts, or any other app that uses keyboard input.

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Yes never noticed before. Try holding down the delete key so it goes into "word delete mode" rather than quick pressing delete. Had no problem deleting words then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts