Getting ready for digi switch over...

Came in this afternoon and there was an engineer fitting an additional box. "Council authority, all houses are being converted..." he said in a detached way.

The box is live and the picture quality seems slightly sharper. Tomorrow he's coming back to erect a very large aerial strapped to the side of the house - even bigger bonus: he's going to re-site my FM tuner aerial...[8]

Anyone else having the same treatment?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:Tomorrow he's coming back to erect a very large aerial strapped to the side of the house - even bigger bonus: he's going to re-site my FM tuner aerial...
emotion-29.gif

That's good of them. When I had ours done a couple of years ago it cost £180 (Including new FM aerial, digital terrestrial aerial, new mast and all new cabling).

Nice that your council look after you in this way.

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
I thought that there are to be public sector cuts. All I got was a letter through the post from the BBC and an offer of a box for £40 as I am a pensioner. The box was installed and the analogue aerial tested which seemed to be OK. The HDR was not correctly connected to the box and TV, which I had to sort out myself. Subsequently I have had a digital aerial installed at my expense in advance of getting a digital TV, if I can ever make my mind up on the one I want.

chebby:plastic penguin:Tomorrow he's coming back to erect a very large aerial strapped to the side of the house - even bigger bonus: he's going to re-site my FM tuner aerial...
emotion-29.gif

That's good of them. When I had ours done a couple of years ago it cost £180 (Including new FM aerial, digital terrestrial aerial, new mast and all new cabling).

Nice that your council look after you in this way.

The irony is last year I had a quote for a dedicated 30' aerial. He quoted me £140 + cabling.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts