Getting music and movies in other rooms in the house

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hello.

Wanting to get some sort of Devicein the bedroom so that I can play music or video on the TV/all in one.

I have a houseful of apple kit, poor wifi so home plugs or similar are needed.

Airplay/blutooth would be good.

Something which I can playback content from my nas when up and running.

Airport express seems to be an option for the audio, think you can operate by airplay? So iPad iTunes or spotify via airplay to ae going to phonos in stereo.

This does not take care of streaming video from nas. A roku box or similar??

The system does not have to be brand new or the latest on the market. It just needs to work in a house with poor wifi.

Any help please.

Thanks

john

Your best option is an Apple TV 2 which can be jailbroken. My jailbroken Apple TV directly plays movies off my NAS drive wirelessly. Subsequent Apple TVs have not been jailbroken yet. That's why Apple TV2s are very expensive second hand.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
Your best option is an Apple TV 2 which can be jailbroken. My jailbroken Apple TV directly plays movies off my NAS drive wirelessly. Subsequent Apple TVs have not been jailbroken yet. That's why Apple TV2s are very expensive second hand.

Thanks for the rapid response. So therefor I would have to home plug into the @tv2 due to the poor wifi or ae?.

does ae bring wifi into any room it is plugged into??

would be good to just have wifi in that room too if possible.

Thanks bb

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:

Thanks for the rapid response. So therefor I would have to home plug into the @tv2 due to the poor wifi or ae?.

does ae bring wifi into any room it is plugged into??

would be good to just have wifi in that room too if possible.

Thanks bb
Edit also quite costly..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts