Getting DTS-ES Sound From My Onkyo TX-SR606

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am sure I am being a numpty, but can't work out where! I have a Denon DVD-1940 connected to my Onkyo 606 via HDMI, my speakers are Kef eggs (5.1). When I play the DTS soundtrack from a DVD through the Onkyo, I don't get any sound - but it works fine with the Dolby 5.1 soundtrack.

DTS and all its other suffixes (e.g. DTS-ES) are all a bit of a mystery to me, but I believe that the DTS soundtrack should be better? So, therefore, I'd like to hear it! I have delved into the Onkyo settings (I even read the manual!), but I can't work out what to do.

Is it something simple? Please let me know!

Thanks!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You've probably got the receiver set up to only expect Dolby Digital on that input, even when it's receiving a DTS signal. See manual p71 for information on how to change this for a DTS input.

Basically...
1) Press the receiver remote mode button on the remote, then Setup.
2) Use the cursor to select 5. Listening mode preset, then press Enter
3) Use the cursor again to select the input you want to adjust - ie whichever inpu your player is connected to. Press Enter.
4) Use the cursor up/down to select DTS, then left/right to select the default listening mode you want it to use - ie DTS-ES if you have a 7.1-speaker set-up, or DTS if you have 5.1-channel
5) Press Setup to exit setup

A

Anonymous

Andrew and Cwalduck,

Thanks for your help - I'm sure that will solve it! Away from home at the mo, but will try out your advice when I get back.

Thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts