get my record deck on thursday!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I finally get my pro-ject rpm5 on thursday! it's an ex-display model that im picking up for 330 pound's, ive been out buying a wee bit of vinyl from such artist's as kate bush, the beatles, dire strait's, david bowie, queen, frank sinatra, john lennon and some motown stuff. I cant freakin wait to spin my disc's. Nothing to report just wanted to share my analouge joy..

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I had the pleasure of listening to some fine jazz courtesy of an rpm5 and AVI 9's not long ago. A nice sounding combination and good looking deck.

Talking of which, I just had a closer look (though not listen) at projects genie tt (version 2 I believe). I can honestly not believe how they do that at the price.

If that thing is manufactured in europe it seems like an amazing achievement for just over a hundred quid.

A

Anonymous

The genie is a tastey bit of kit, for 120 quid you cant go wrong, everyone should own one..

A

Anonymous

chebby:drummerman:I had the pleasure of listening to some fine jazz courtesy of an rpm5 and AVI 9's not long ago. A nice sounding combination and good looking deck.

Yikes! Don't let Ashley hear about this :)

This is something I asked about recently (uploading/ripping and playback of vinyl and vinyl derived files via ADM9.1's) and I don't think it went down very well * as a question/suggestion. I may be mistaken though. (Cannot be bothered to search back now but I am pretty sure all analogue sources are somewhat frowned upon.)

May I ask what box was used to do the analogue-digital conversion? I am getting a new turntable (ordered and deposit paid yesterday) and I am researching what to use as a phono-stage/ADC for both 'traditional' connection and for USB connection to a PC/Mac to rip as Apple Losless or similar format. So far I have only come across the NAD PP-3 MM/MC/USB for £75. Hopefully, between now and when I get the TT (at the end of September), Project or Cambridge may have extended the choice for me. (Hello Cambridge Audio, 640P with USB please?)

* [Apologies to Ashley if my memory is incorrect and he does approve of playback of vinyl and files ripped from vinyl.]

I've read a review not too long ago in which they tried to copy vinyl to cd using a terratec ivinyl. The result? Not so good. They felt the idea was nice but the result not worth the effort.
As an aside: the adm 9's did have one version with optical in, the other with usb in. The Da converter would also work as AD converter when hooked up to a computer. Brilliant idea, but apparently there wasn't much demand for this feature as many adm9 buyers went for the speakers with optical inputs. Hence, with the update to 9.1, there is only an optical in version.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
4 days of pain remaining.

Let music be the food of love!

I watch my 12 month old jigging to music and it (he) just melts my heart. Probably be even more prolific if I had vinyl but in order to do that I'd have to buy something decent, and a support. Oh and some records!

ÿ

A

Anonymous

My system's over the year's have always been cd based, for me getting my first deck is a bit like when i got my first seperates system back in 98', Ive never owend a record deck, so im counting down the day's....

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
jimm:My system's over the year's have always been cd based, for me getting my first deck is a bit like when i got my first seperates system back in 98', Ive never owend a record deck, so im counting down the day's....

ÿ

Be sure to review Jimm, be very interested to hear what you think, albeit on a very quick review schedule without the benefit of loads of LPs.

ÿ

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts