Future system

Exasperated

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate this may be an almost impossble task but any help will be a step in the right direction. In around 7 years I plan to build my own house and buy new audio/visual equip. I was brought up when Linn Sondek ruled so Im not too familiar with digital technology.

I would like a mid priced system, £3-5,000 at todays prices, to include HiFi, TV and Home Cinema although home cinema is not a necessity. I already own an Apple Mac and will replace it with another when it breaks down. I know this is looking into the future but what would you suggest ie CD based, Streaming (whatever that is) Internet TV. Some sort of integrated system would be ideal where all the components work seamlessly with each other.

Any help will be much appreciated or if you can direct me to a web site which explains all the options in plain engish that will be most helpful

Many Thanks

jjbomber

Looking back to 2005, who'd have thought we would be where we are now, so 2019 is almost impossible to predict (unless you're Mayan!)

The good news is that the pipe and slippers brigade will still be saying the turntable rules and stick with the Linn Sondek. Meanwhile, the rest of the planet will be all digital by then. CD will have gone by then. At a guess cloud computing will be cheap enough for the masses by then, though most people will still have some form of digital back up through hard drives and NAS devices.

TV will be mainly streaming by then. Just think Lovefilm, Netflix and the like. BBC iplayer will have developed, so that all programmes will be watched via the internet if required. Every programme ever shown on the BBC will be available as a 99p download. meanwhile, the licence fee will still cost a small fortune!

Apart from loudspeakers, there is little you can but today that will be cutting edge by 2019. invest the money would be my advice.

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
way too far in front for any one to guess. TV's can join home networks now, I-player type stuff will improve. Streaming, either from a home server, cloud storage, or whatever will cover music-radio and film. About the only thing you can be fairly sure of, is that any one that has a currently a large vinyl collection, still will have. Even if it has been digitised for ease of use.

As to a site that explains your options, I can not think of one. You need to be looking into local servers,(and back up) networking, streamers, both hardware and software, plus the electronic boxes adnd speakers. I would start looking around the time you apply for planning.

TRENDING THREADS