Freeview download problem!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Since before christmas I have had a problem with my Freeview/DVB tuner within my Panasonic DMR-EX79 HDD/DVD Recorder. At least three to four times a day it says that it has found a new service and would I like to update it. Well before I have I have noticed that there are 100 Channels already tuned in to the freeview tuner. And after it has done its business I still have 100 Channels that consists of TV channels Radio Channels and Data channels. So does this mean that the panasonic is full! and it wont take any more updates but still goes through the motion of trying to or is there a problem with the freeview tuner within my Panasonic recorder. NB that I also have a Panasonic TX-L37V10 with freesat HD and also a DVB tuner which doesn't have the same problem IE trying to update the DVB tuner within the TV its self. I only live about five miles from the Crystal palace transmitter and about the same distance from Buller hill Transmitter. The signal strength is 10 so its as good as it gets for where I live. I have only come across this problem here and have a friend who lives about ten miles from me . Who has had and is still having the same problem as myself Any thoughts on this problem. Is it a common problem or is it a problem with my panasonic recorder,

Many thanks

Bazzer56

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem but with a cheap freeview box someone gave to me as I needed one. It tuned in fine then after about 10 minutes it gave me the same message as you. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to stop. I bought another box, equally as cheap (£15) and it worked fine on the same TV and is still working. I have never seen the problem with the new box. So, by my deduction, it must be an error with the box itself - not what you wanted to hear I'm sure as yours is not quite so easilly (or cheaply) replaced.

A

Anonymous

Both my Panasonic TV's and the Panasonic DVD player / recorder do this with alarming fequency. I never seem to see an new stuff either after they re-tune. I just assumed it was to do with the digital switchover.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
I've got the Panasonic 79 and I think I stopped mine doing this by turning something off in setup which seemed to have cured it. Will have to check and post back later.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Right guys for the Panasonic DMR-EX79EB . Press"Function menu" then select "others" then "setup" then "display". All on page 70 of the manual.

Once you have selected "display" then select "New Channel message" and change it from "automatic" to "off" as detailed on page 74 of the manual.

That should sort it.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

emotion-2.gif
Many thanks Laserman16.

Your last message with what to do has very much sorted the problem out. I guess it goes to prove one thing that most of us dont read our instruction manuals like we should do. But I can now watch the TV and Dvd's without that message coming up on screen three or four times in an evening. Once again many thanks all be it abit late in replying,
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts