freesat hdd boxes

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
my cousin had asked what to do he has filled his 500gb with kids stuff. i said you have to delete some and is gutted there is a usb but its an iput only. There is no way you can get the info off is there.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i cant get hold of him but i know its goodmans and has 500gb memory just checked amazon and there is one that looks simliar but i cant even see a usb onit.

John Duncan

<donttrythisathome>

Can't see any means of offloading content on any of the Goodmans boxes I've found on google. If it were me and if it were out of warranty, I'd take it apart and remove the hard drive and archive them somewhere else, after trying to find out first what file format they are to see if I could play them on a computer. I'd then mirror the hard drive onto a bigger one and put that back into the box. If this worked, I'd go o/, if not, I'd have a lot of explaining to do to my 6-year-old, who'd wonder where all his episodes of Kerwhizz had gone.

Don't go telling your mate to do this unless he's comfortable about the possiblity of wrecking his freesat box and/or hard drive and ending up with neither :D

</donttrythisathome>

daveh75

smuggs said:
i cant get hold of him but i know its goodmans and has 500gb memory just checked amazon and there is one that looks simliar but i cant even see a usb onit.

The Goodmans has USB but it's only for F/W upgrades. If your cousin has access to a DVD-Recorder or PC with a capture card he could copy the content off via scart then delete the content from the box once archived to DVD.Obviously it won't be HD quality using this method (though if its kids programmes i assume they're mostly SD anyway) and it will be a slow process as the copying will be done in real time...

EDIT - Or there's JDs suggestion above

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
cheers lads i have i think gave false hope so i going to see if it is easy to take apart he has had it 10 months so ill it 2 months before doing anything. i will go and ask in a it shop if he can supply a 1tb drive and mirror all 500gb and then i can pay around with the other at home. thanks for help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts