freesat and sony v4000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am just curious.

I have a v4000...i am trying to sell it to get a 46w4500 but not getting much interest. If i cant sell it i will keep it as a second TV for the bedroom. My only problem is the standard freeview picture.

In HD this tv has an excellent picture, as do upscaled DVDs. The only reason the DVDs look great is because the upscalling is done by the PS3, not the tv. The SD scaling for the freeview on this tv is shocking...my older samsung was MUCH better with its video processing for SD pictures. Something that others in its class do better (as well as motion handling - despite what hi-fi's view on this).

My question is - will are their upscalling freeview/feesat boxes that will upscale the image to 1080p and make the picture a lot better than the built in v4000 tuner. You might be tempted to say there won't be much difference - but let me assure you - the SD scaling is very poor on this tv by default.

Also, would Play tv through the PS3 give a better PQ and upscale the image to 1080p ?

Help very much needed!!!

A

Anonymous

does anyone have this; Sony 160Gb HDD DVDR +HDMI+Set Top Box RDRHXD870

I wonder if this would do a better job than the 40v4000s tuner?

A

Anonymous

can anyone from what hi-fi clarify if this would give better quality at 1080p to freeview SD picture quality to the inbuilt tuner (which is pretty bad on the v4000)?

Its a lot and i dont really want to risk it without some kind of definitive recommendation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts