Focal Aria 906. what????

iceman16

Just after I sold my Electra 1028 I decided to try the Aria 906 downstairs (lounge) connected to MF AMS35i / Electro cdp / TQ black cable for the first time. I was totally surprised how good they sounded after owning them for a few years. I even thought I can live with them as my main system speakers! Yes they really sang with the AMS35i compared to the previous amps (Rega Brio-r / Arcam A29) I’ve used before.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I have yet to find a speaker that doesn't "Sing" with the AMS35i.....maybe that's the answer.

I thought Naim/Focal Aria was certainly not to my taste...but 35i/Focal Utopia range sounded fine.

iceman16

CnoEvil said:
I have yet to find a speaker that doesn't "Sing" with the AMS35i.....maybe that's the answer.

I thought Naim/Focal Aria was certainly not to my taste...but 35i/Focal Utopia range sounded fine.

Hi Cno, Ime the Arias are not as forward sounding compared to the other series. They are a bit tamed at high frequency. I only tried the 906 with the AMS for the first time as a stop gap while waiting for the Ref3

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm having a similar experience with my Focal Aria 905's - just been listening to them with upgraded cables (QED XT 400) and wow do they sing. So much substance and heart.

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm having a similar experience with my Focal Aria 905's - just been listening to them with upgraded cables (QED XT 400) and wow do they sing. So much substance and heart.

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
iceman16 said:
Just after I sold my Electra 1028 I decided to try the Aria 906 downstairs (lounge) connected to MF AMS35i / Electro cdp / TQ black cable for the first time. I was totally surprised how good they sounded after owning them for a few years. I even thought I can live with them as my main system speakers! Yes they really sang with the AMS35i compared to the previous amps (Rega Brio-r / Arcam A29) I’ve used before.

Hey Iceman

Why don't you use the 906's as your main speaker ? They are an enjoyable listen imo. What do they lack ?

And I understand they should outperform my 905's - in which case i'm looking to upgrade to them. On paper they should be letting my system down as they're in a lower price bracket to my Roksan Caspian's, but i do like the sound.

iceman16

Hey Iceman

Why don't you use the 906's as your main speaker ? They are an enjoyable listen imo. What do they lack ?

And I understand they should outperform my 905's - in which case i'm looking to upgrade to them. On paper they should be letting my system down as they're in a lower price bracket to my Roksan Caspian's, but i do like the sound.

[/quote]

I use the 906 as front speakers with my budget bedroom HT. I was just curious and try to plug them with my main system and they sound really good. Im just waiting for the KEF Ref3 to arrive and the 906 will go back upstairs.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
iceman16 said:
Just after I sold my Electra 1028 I decided to try the  Aria 906 downstairs (lounge) connected to MF AMS35i / Electro cdp / TQ black cable for the first time. I was totally surprised how good they sounded after owning them for a few years. I even thought I can live with them as my main system speakers! Yes they really sang with the AMS35i compared to the previous amps (Rega Brio-r / Arcam A29) I’ve used before. 

Can you please share your listening impressions of the focal 1008be bookshelves. I have a great deal going with my dealer on them.

I really don't want nuetral speakers or Amps anymore. Iam dying for some warmth. The more the better. Do these focals have that warmth iam looking for.

Thanks for your time :)

iceman16

newlash09 said:
iceman16 said:
Can you please share your listening impressions of the focal 1008be bookshelves. I have a great deal going with my dealer on them.

I really don't want nuetral speakers or Amps anymore. Iam dying for some warmth. The more the better. Do these focals have that warmth iam looking for.

If you're looking for warmth sound I would'nt recommend the Focals. They have a lively,a bit forward and extremely detailed presentation. Apart from other suggestions you can try Sonus Faber with some valve amps like Unison Research/Icon Audio or Jadis.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
iceman16 said:
newlash09 said:
iceman16 said:

If you're looking for warmth sound I would'nt recommend the Focals. They have a lively,a bit forward and extremely detailed presentation. Apart from other suggestions you can try Sonus Faber with some valve amps like Unison Research/Icon Audio or Jadis.

For your very prompt and informative reply . Much obliged

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts