Focal 706v vs 807v

da_grudge

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Which is better? I can get the 706 cheaper but the 807 is not expensive now. Ive heard the focals are the best for classical music and jazz, but what is their best model?

Thank you

A

Anonymous

Interestingly I just brought home a pair of 807 V's (on loan for a few days from the local dealer). They are new and not yet run in. My first impressions are good. It seems to be a very revealing speaker with a beautiful top end (but not harsh) with the right source.

I feel for the difference in price the 807 is the way to go. Better build quality then the 706; and I would think a bit better in the sound department.

My system is quite revealing so I will be interested to see how they are after the break-in period.

If you are still considering the Focal's I would definitely spring for the 807's over the 706's

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
da_grudge:
Which is better? I can get the 706 cheaper but the 807 is not expensive now. Ive heard the focals are the best for classical music and jazz, but what is their best model?

Thank you

Where did you hear that? I've listened to the 807v's and they were not impressive at all. Its brighter sound might give an impression of more detail but to me it sounded almost crunchy. The 706v's would be a better value, however.

My advise is to look elsewhere for classical music.ÿ

izpuuteejs

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
completely disagree with you. in right combo with CDP and amp it's best at this price level.

comparing 700vs800 series is like comparing MA's bronze and silver.

A

Anonymous

da_grudge:

Which is better?

Only one way to find out...Fight!

Sorry

limbok

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi, i just want to comment on da_grudge and others saying Focals are better for classical and Jazz. IMHO, this is not true...they are good for all kinds of music :).. I have the 706v and would like to try the 807v but for ordinary folk like me there is indeed a large price difference between the 2 (706v = £389 vs 807v = £669). I would be interested to know how much more bass the 807's offer over the 706's and does this spoli/muddy the excellent tweeter sound?

A

Anonymous

I'd take the 807v over the 706v anytime. It has better low end extension, sounds more refined, and has a much nicer cabinet. :D

TRENDING THREADS