FLOORSTANDING SPEKERS,DYNAUDIO,MONITOR AUDIO OR WILSON BENESCH?????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi every1 im very new to this and i am after some quality floorstanders,if any 1 knows which of these is the better speaker or have a diffrent 1 all together in mind please let me know,any advice would be very well appreciated,the speakers that im intressted in are as follows,dynaudio contour s3.4,monitor audio pl200,and the wilson benesch curve,i know i would have 2listen 2them all and decide for my self but i need all the help i can get, my system so far is-SONY KDL-40W4500TV,YAMAHA DSP-AX863AMP,PS3,DYNAUDIO dm2 7up front at the mo,DYNAUDIO excite center speaker,and sum total rubish floor standers at the back just to tie me over,i do not mind changeing the center if i have to,as i said i have only just realy got into home ent but i am now totaly obssesed with speakers,amps tvs and everything else any help or advice is most needed,THANKS.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i may be well wrong but it seems that your speakers are your love and you want spend heavy on them to regards the av amp etc. or am i reading you kit wrong

A

Anonymous

hi smuggs,yes mate i do love my speakers,but i have no problem in upgradeing my amp or anything eles to match the speakers mate,i was going to go for some quality floorstanders,and then change the amp 2suit,and also a decent cd player to,match 70%films and ps,and 30%music will go through them.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Because you have an Excite centre, the obvious choice would be to take a look at Dunaudio's Excite X32 and X36 to match. The front left/right/centre need to be matched, otherwise your front soundfield is going to be inconsistent, especially with panning effects. If you go for anything other than Dynaudio, you'll need to change the centre too.

What size is your room? If you go for the sort of floorstanders you want, will you have the budget to change to a suitable amplifier as well? The speakers you mention will more than likely require a good £4/5k AV amp to run them to an acceptable degree.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts