Floor standing speakers on £650 budget

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I'm looking for speakers to suit my system, currently I'm running a Nad c545bee and a Yaqin mc-10l valve amp. I've got a budget of £650 to buy some floor standers and was looking at Monitor Audio RS6. The room the system is in is a fair size so I wanted to go for floor stander, if anyone's got any recommendations I would be interested to hear

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
If you have a Rega dealer nearby, try to hear the Rega RS3 floorstanders. (£684)

The Rega R3's (the RS3 predecessor until end of 2008) are great. I have heard the RS3's are even better and will hopefully be trying some very soon.

The efficiency of the RS3 is 89db so should suit your Yaqin mc10l amp very well. (Although I notice your amp is 50watts so that is plenty anyway!)

A

Anonymous

I agree i have the Mezzo 8's and i love these things! So the Mezzo 6's must be very special as well!

A

Anonymous

And, if you can, audition the Dali Ikon range (5 and 6) less agressive than the MA's . . .

A

Anonymous

Yes the Dalis are amazing speakers as well, I had the Ikon 6 speakers which where amazing (but chnages to the Mezzo 8's). You can also get the Dali lektor 6's for quite cheap these days which are also very good.

T

the record spot

Klipsch (US speaker manufacturer) had a new range out a few months back; think it was the RF series. Horn tweeters, so a bit different, starting from £350 or so. They had some good looking floorstanders for around £650 or so (pre-credit crunch price hikes). Not sure of dealerships though - might need to contact them directly.

A

Anonymous

NickD2544:I agree i have the Mezzo 8's and i love these things! So the Mezzo 6's must be very special as well!

I have Mezzo 6's very nice, only average sensitivity at 89db, really depends on the valve amp being able to drive them as imo they do like some power, A demo is the only way to be sure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts