Final decision: amp! (rega saturn / rega p3-24 / dali ikon 6)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Good decision FWIW. I have a Rega P3-24 and it punches well above its weight. The A32 and the Regas should be well suited. Strangely enough I only live 3 or 4 miles from Steve's HIFI but I never seem to get round to popping in for a nose around

A

Anonymous

really pleased with the amp! it takes a while to warm up, but it sounds amazing. really deep bass, superb sound!

watched a film last night (blu-ray player audio-out into the amp & speakers) and I couldn't believe the depth and low end rumble that the film's score had - was just like being at the cinema!

vinyl player is excellent, no complains there at all - other than embarassing CD as a format, of course... I just can't get over how much more rigid and harsh even the best CDs sound compared to a good vinyl.

using it with Chord Rumour 4 cables and Cable Talk Monitor 3 interconnects.

Probably a tad early to give a full review since I am still getting used to the sound of the system, and I;m sure there will be a performance improvement after a burn-in period anyway.

However: the A32 definitely gives the bass warmth & depth that I was after - it's a really clean and natural sound. Rega Saturn & P3 are really detailed and crip-sounding units - solidly made and giving the necessary sharpness and resolution to work with Arcam amp... Dali speakers are, in my opinion, hands down the best speakers I've come across. Their depth, scale and clear presentation is excellent!

In short, I am very very happy. Potentially I might look at biamping or getting a different power amp, as the Arcam, even though is excellent, may still be improved with an external (maybe tube?) power amp. I'm not quite getting enough sharpness and resolution for my taste as of yet (although it's about 80% there!), so I will have to see how it changes. Certainly, the amp's mid-range seems to have drastically opened up in the last few days. I'm not sure how much of this is "burn-in" / my ears adapting to the sound / amp warming up, etc, but I'm getting more and more happy with the sound the more I listen to it. It's not perfect yet, but given some time I think I might be! The room seems excellent for the setup, so at least no major problems there =)

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to my gear search along the way - got some really useful advice from you guys.

Cheers

Roman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts