A

Anonymous

Arrived today (early). A tiny thing and superbly built. Once I managed to work out how to make it default in the sound settings (60 minutes!) we're off. Sounds superb at first listen, the bass switch makes for really full sound, but not bloated.....

Up to 24 bit/96 too! More testing tonight.
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

Ben, I've decided I spend more time on the PC than hifi. When the missus has gone to bed early I spend time gaming and listening to music so I've decided to upgrade a little (I'm trying Spotify premium for a month, and use iTunes and MediaMonkey experimenting with 24 bit tracks).

I'm using Senn HD202s as I keep my HD380 Pros for the main system downstairs. I must say again this tiny box is excellent sounding (no affiliation by the way).
smiley-laughing.gif

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Ive been waiting for this to come out. Have you tried it with a portable and if so did it improve the sound? My walkman A series has a sound limiter and has to be maxed out on the volume.

A

Anonymous

Hi there, no I've not tried portable as it's a USB input. The think the E11/E7 or lesser models are what you are looking for (bargain E11 on Ebay with a 'make an offer' from the seller I bought the E10 from). From reading up they do indeed increase the volume, especially on the EU volume limited Ipod range.

A

Anonymous

Ordered mine, should arrive tomorrow.

Will report back, am not expecting that much, then again I am only after an increase in volume, as is reported. So I should be happy. If it does good things for the overall sounds then bonus! Not bad for a £10 doodad. :)

A

Anonymous

Do report in, and like me, I hope you're pleasantly surprised at how much quality and volume. :dance:

A

Anonymous

OK, first I found the build slightly less than expected. Would have preferred aluminium or something but it is ok.

As for the sound, as I have read there is a dramatic increase in volume, with no distortion. However, I found that the few tracks I listened to had slightly more 'presence' and that vocals were a bit clearer, more pronounced. I really liked it.

Tour De France, a track I know verbatim in my head sounded better than I had heard it. Very nice upgrade.

For the price I paid, £10, it is a real no brainer. Now my son and wife want one! Recommended.

A

Anonymous

Hi From this seller on eBay.

sound_junkie

Up for £11, I offered £10 and he accepted.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110756338480?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts