Fed up waiting...should i Just get the Yamaha DSP-AX563 ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Q acoustics 1010i's look great but i cant play anything thru them until somebody gets a DSP-AX763 or Sony STRA2400ES in stock ..so should I get the yam DSP-AX563 instead ? It looks about the same as the 763 except no onboard HD decoding which my blu-ray player can do anyway...Anybody have this amp ? any opinions on it ?

Its available for £193 delivered on Amazon
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi Matey

As posted earlier today my local dealer Musicraft in Derby has the Yamaha amps in stock.

Give them a shout.

Dave

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No! Please don't think the only difference between those amps is the fact the 763 decodes HD audio. There will be a lot of differences between the lower 563 and the upper 763 model. After all, both the 763 and 863 decode HD audio, but both got 5 stars from WHF because the sonic improvements on the 863 make it worth the extra money.

If you've auditioned both the 563 and 763 and, given your Blu-Ray player will decode the audio, you are happy with the performance compared to the money saved, then fine, go for the 563. But you really must listen to both before deciding this.

Patience is a virtue, my friend!

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
It might look the same but it won't be. Remember amp performance isn't always down to a spec list or the looks. What about the offerings from Denon or Marantz?

In the end, if you're set on the Yamaha, I would just wait. Have you demo'd them or are you simply going by reviews?

A

Anonymous

Im simply going by reviews, I dont know if RS in Glasgow has a demo room and I wouldnt really like to demo it in the shop...I suppose I could go to sevenoaks and use their facilities and say nah to both at the end saving myself their inflated prices..The 563 gets a good 4 star review from the whf team..

As for musiccraft I looked at their website and it didnt look like either are in stock or delivered...

I was considering the Denon1909 too but RS dont have that in stock either.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
forbes:I suppose I could go to sevenoaks and use their facilities and say nah to both at the end saving myself their inflated prices.

emotion-12.gif

I'm only joking,

How about an answer to my question about the 563 ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
forbes:How about an answer to my question about the 563 ?

Since you ask so nicely, review here and I'd still hold out for the 763 or Sony, both of which are superior products.

A

Anonymous

I know, but apart from the HD decoding what makes the 763 superior to the 563 ?

Frrom the 563 review ...

"the '563 seems to push the walls of your room back, presenting the most expansive soundstage in this three-way test.

It's
an atmospheric, detailed and authoritative listen - effects are steered
precisely, dialogue is distinct, and there's plenty of well-controlled
bass action. Making the low frequencies integrate smoothly with the
rest of the sound range isn't a simple as it should be, though."

Sounds like the 563 could be a bargain at £193 but if the 763 is better still then probably i'll hold out for that.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
forbes:

Sounds like the 563 could be a bargain at £193 but if the 763 is better still then probably i'll hold out for that.

Upgraded audio circuitry using Yamaha's Digital ToP-ART architecture

Better YPAO automatic set-up

Higher-current design for better speaker control

Enhanced Pure Direct switching

Extra tuning on the Cinema DSP processing and Compressed Music Enhancer

The addition of Adaptive Dynamic Range Control.

At £193 you're definitely getting a lot of amp for your money with the 563, but the 763 is definitely better.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:forbes:

Upgraded audio circuitry using Yamaha's Digital ToP-ART architecture

Better YPAO automatic set-up

Higher-current design for better speaker control

Enhanced Pure Direct switching

Extra tuning on the Cinema DSP processing and Compressed Music Enhancer

The addition of Adaptive Dynamic Range Control.

At £193 you're definitely getting a lot of amp for your money with the 563, but the 763 is definitely better.

Thats what I needed to hear ! Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts