favourite music or favourite sound

millerman

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Do you prefer listening to your favourite songs/music or your favorite high quality recording.

The more I have spent on kit the more I like playing CDs that bring the best out of it, but there are times when I just want the confort of my favourite songs.

Is this normal?

A

Anonymous

hi i'm a musician so i've spent a great deal of time playing my favorite music not stop, but after getting into this hobby(3 years ago), i now play my favorite music with high quality non stop!

i must admit though i bought some high quality recording music with rubbish music(something i would never ever listen prior to my hobby)

andy

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Favourite sound is well recorded drama on BBC Radio 4.

Favourite music is favourite music regardless of recorded quality. It varies from exceptional to dire. Just one of those things unless and until any of it gets re-mastered and that is not always a guarantee of a better sound.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
i still listen to what i class as my favourite music since i upgraded my system - but what did happen is that my concept of what music was my favourite expanded with the new system.

as mentioned some music i would never have tried sounds great to me now

A

Anonymous

I have found that I can now listen to a far wider range of music and enjoy it, now it sounds so damn good !

Some of my fave music does not sound as good, but it HAS to come out when the mood takes me....... I think having a good system has varied my tastes more than perhaps would otherwise have happened. If something that is not my usual taste is played, by my wife, for example ... I will now actually listen to it, as the sound involves me and makes me want to remain seated more than previously.

That said - some of my fave music now also has the sound to back it up - so that's EVEN better still !

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I agree with the last 2 posts my appreciation of different types of music has broadened and continues to do so, even music I would never have listened to when I was younger!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
They are different things altogether.

My favourite music at the moment is Angus & Julia Stone, who I'm seeing tonight at the 02 Shepherds Bush.

Whereas my favourite sound is that of a full pint of Guinness being put on the table in front of me

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
JoelSim:

My favourite music at the moment is Angus & Julia Stone, who I'm seeing tonight at the 02 Shepherds Bush.

Whereas my favourite sound is that of a full pint of Guinness being put on the table in front of me

Oh like the Guiness
emotion-2.gif

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:

very good album i agree - ive been listening on spotify and will buy the cd soon

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Favourite music? Hmmm, still probably classical (generally) with Prog Rock following closely behind.

Favourite sound? That of either a real ale, good malt or decent wine entering my waiting glass!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
crusaderlord:JoelSim:

very good album i agree - ive been listening on spotify and will buy the cd soon

Which one have you been listening to? There is a brand new one out which is really nice.

A

Anonymous

Perhaps not - but hey man - live free of guilt - whatever you enjoy,,,,

A

Anonymous

Yes - I also listen to my favourite music on my high quality McIntosh SACD and Intergrated Amp and the B & W 803s...

Heaven indeed!

T

the record spot

I listen to a wide variety of stuff, so it's not a case of favourite music or favourite sound for me. I'll always try to find the best recordings I can for the music I most like, thereafter I'll have a listen to anything. Of course, the advantage of applications like Spotify and Last FM, internet radio, etc., can help in deciding what you like before you buy.

TRENDING THREADS