Favourite albums of the last 4 decades

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
6th.replicant said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

70s - THE RUTS - The Crack

Babylon's Burning - now that's what I call a riff :rockout:

The whole album is full of riffs. These boys could really play, and for anyone who loves rock, I totally recommend it.

Try tracks like "Savage Circle", "Something That I Said", "Criminal Mind", and of course, "Babylon's Burning" on Spotify, then you'll want the whole album.

Already own it, on vinyl, bought in 1979... :grin:

And from the same era-ish, do you like 999? Separates is mighty - especially Homicide - also nicely produced/mixed/mastered by Martin Rushent (RIP), who went on to produce some ditty called Dare...

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I've heard of 999, and I do remember one track from when I was a 12 year old punk, but I can't remember what it was called.

I was mainly in to the 2nd wave of punk at that time, Discharge, Vice Squad, The Exploited, Cockney Rejects, Anti Pasti etc,

My fave band then was Stiff Little Fingers, but for me, they never really made a classic album, though "Inflammable Material" and "Nobody's Heroes" were great, and "Hanx" is a fantastic live album.

I don't listen to many punk albums now, but I'll always find time for "The Crack", and it always gets played right through.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I've heard of 999, and I do remember one track from when I was a 12 year old punk, but I can't remember what it was called.

I was mainly in to the 2nd wave of punk at that time, Discharge, Vice Squad, The Exploited, Cockney Rejects, Anti Pasti etc,

My fave band then was Stiff Little Fingers, but for me, they never really made a classic album, though "Inflammable Material" and "Nobody's Heroes" were great, and "Hanx" is a fantastic live album.

I don't listen to many punk albums now, but I'll always find time for "The Crack", and it always gets played right through.

The Exploited, yeah! They had this euphonious ballad about "Sax and Violins" -- or was that Frank Zappa?

A

Anonymous

Today's choice (could be different tomorrow):

80s - Rush - Permanent Waves (1st January 1980!) or Moving Pictures

90s - Prefab Sprout - Jordan, The Comeback or The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

00s - Tool - Lateralus

10s - Redshift - Colder (electronic)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts