Facebook competitions

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
The_Lhc said:
Lee H said:
The same applies here though. Many register just to enter competitions.

Exactly, it's no different.
IRTHGTTRIGSMA

Honourable? I'm honoured!
smiley-smile.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
alex_bro said:
But I'm not a user of Facebook, so even if I register, enter the competition, then de-register, it does not meet the goals of the campaign.

It's a stretch, but I'm willing to bet there are some people out there who would register a new Facebook account and keep it, just for future competitions. Since lots of companies do competitions on Facebook, this also makes a degree of sense. And then, who knows, they might find they make friends with people they know, who may then "Like" the page etc.

Marketing works on the principle of some people (sometimes just a tiny minority) spreading the word. If some people don't, that's okay. So be safe in the knowledge that you doing the above won't hurt WHF at all. Or even not doing the above and just ignoring the competition because you really really don't like Facebook. That's fine too. You have the power within you.

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
I'd like to enter the competitions by sending the answer on the back of a stamp addressed envelope.

Do you have the facility for this?

It used to work quite well for swap shop and Tiswas

chelstondave

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Swap shop? Tiswas? I've read all the facebook/non-facebook and evolution/intelligent design comments above on here but if your going to start a Sally James vs Maggie Philbin debate thats really gonna stir up some controversy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts