Expert help needed...apply within!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone,

First off, Happy New Year!!

Secondly, I have been saving for quite a while now so that I can replace my old CRT TV and DVD Player.

I have just purchased the following equipment from the What HIFI Awards:

TV - LG 42LH5000

Speakers - Q Acoustics 2000 Cinema Pack

Amplifier - Sony STR-DH800

and a PS3 Slim.

I was wondering if anyone could offer advise on speaker stands and a seperate stand for the TV, amp and PS3. Should I go for the Q Acoustics matching speaker stands? They look sturdy and are resonably priced. Is there a good quality stand to hold the tv, amp, centre speaker box and PS3?

Also, i'm not sure about cables? Is it wise to buy items from the Awards list (eg - Chord Company HDMI SuperShield)?

Thankyou very much for taking the time to read my post, any help/advise would be more than welcome!!

Russ

Messiah

Personally I have THIS stand and it is great for the price!

These stands? They certainly look up to the job. As with anything though, maybe you can demo them compared to others to see if there is any noticeable difference....

As far as the cabling is concerned then I guess it depends on budget. For speaker cable, THIS is very well regarded. However, if this is a bit too expensive then you could use something like THIS.

For HDMI the Supershield is another well reviewed cable. However there are always debates over the improvements more expensive HDMI cables make. I would suggest trying a couple at various price points and see what one is best for you. THIS has to be a good place to start.

A

Anonymous

Thankyou very much for all of your help Messiah!!

One quick question if you don't mind, will I be able to make full use of the speakers and amp I listed from the PS3? Would you recommend a seperate BluRay Player?

Many thanks again,

Russ

Messiah

The PS3 will be fine with your set up. I am quite happy with mine....

Whether you would benefit from a separate BD player is really for you to determine. Once everything is in place I would use the PS3 for a while and then see if you can demo another BD player to see if there is any benefit in the upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS