Everyone should have a Wii

John Duncan

Quite possibly the most fun you can have with a lump of rubberised plastic in your hand. Though as I found on Chrismas morning, the Amazon 'bundle' which throws in an extra nunchuk and motion plus thingie doesn't actually include another controller...

Was out at half past eight this morning being robbed blind by Comet for another two at 33 quid each.

JohnDuncan:Quite possibly the most fun you can have with a lump of rubberised plastic in your hand.

emotion-18.gif

A

Anonymous

I got it last week from John Lewis the Limited Edition for £149 as a birthday gift to my 12 year old son. The black glossy finish is a perfect match to my system. Love it. But when will it be on HD?
emotion-42.gif

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
liujol:I got it last week from John Lewis the Limited Edition for £149 as a birthday gift to my 12 year old son. The black glossy finish is a perfect match to my system. Love it. But when will it be on HD?
emotion-42.gif

Just connect it on Component and games are so playable HD doesn't really matter...

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Everyone I know who's got one got bored of it after a couple of months. When Sony and Microsoft release their new controllers, it's all over for the Wii.

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
I don't think the Wii was really meant as a long term gaming console for 'adults'. The majority of the games are for kids and Nintendo's marketing is very colourful and simplistic (and effective), whereas the PS3 and the XBox have swathes of adult orientated games with dark and serious marketing. Nintendo have cleverly marketed it as a family console, knowing that it is parents who buy it on the pretext that they will use it too but knowing full well that eventually the kids will have taken it over - i would love to know how many wii fit boards are lying unused under beds. The same clever approach is also relevant to the controller, easy for a non gaming adult to pick up and 'have a go' and simple for their 5 year old to use. The new Sony and XBox controllers will simply allow users to have the same control functions in the more adult games on the PS3 and XBox. And how many adults do you know who own a DS or DSi ?- yet go to any airport in the summer holidays and the place is full of kids glued to their nintendos (my two youngest are addicted to theirs (as well as the Wii), yet my oldest (a mid-teen) has progressed to a PSP and an XBox and mainly for the games rather than the control inteface.

We will be Wii-ing for as long as we have wee people.

Rob

A

Anonymous

They're great party machines. I find it quite theraputic to play simple games after a long day, especially the one where you have to get the balls through the holes!

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
My boys are (as I type) having a brilliant time on their joint Christmas present limited edition little black number. I have never seen or heard another Wii to compare - although I say it myself! I bought a component cable in advance and everything goes through my Yamaha RX-V3900 (upscaled and Pliix-ed). Although I am seriously rubbish at Fifa 10, I did beat my eldest at cycling in Wii Sports Resort!!!

Tonestar1

Fair enough the vast majority of the games are aimed at kids and a lot of them aren't that good. However, Super Mario Galaxy is absolute gaming genius and I would say it's one of the best games, on any platform, ever made. Just because the graphics are not photorealistic doesn't make it a bad game. Resident Evil 4 was also brilliant and that was basically a straight port from the gamecube version.

People get far to hung up on graphics these days.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I'd agree with the majority, the Wii is excellent for my 2 children, Jack 6, and Ava 8, the games are ideal, even if i join in myself

I have the PS3 for myself so happy all round
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts