Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood: live in Madison Square Garden.

A

Anonymous

"Dad rock" - next step Dire Straits

staple inoffensive mediocre guitar-based music for the 40-something generation

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I totally agree with Folsom.

'Rock' for guys in suits driving in their company cars.

Nothing of Eric here after 'John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton'.

I was cured of his stuff by too many people going around pronouncing he was 'God' some time back in the 1970s. (And then seeing John Martyn at a live gig.)

A

Anonymous

i recorded the concert to my humax hd pvr and very good it is, both in good form
they maybe getting on a bit but threre still as good as any performers out there
yee canna whack experience long live the oldies but goodies ..

A

Anonymous

FolsomBlues:

"Dad rock" - next step Dire Straits

staple inoffensive mediocre guitar-based music for the 40-something generation

Well in excess of 120 million album sales for Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler obviously proves that the 40-something generation have more money than taste!

I personally think they went off the boil later on - I'd rather poke my eyes out than listen to "Walk of Life"
emotion-41.gif
, but the earlier albums, particularly their self-titled debut album are, in my (humble) opinion, very good.

BTW I wasn't even born when their first album was released!
emotion-5.gif

matthewpiano

I think this is a superb release. Some of Clapton's more recent stuff has been a bit bland, but this takes him back to what he does best - proper bluesy rock - and Winwood's still ranks as one of the most soulful voices in rock music IMO.

I don't think Clapton is God though. There are many guitarists that are just as good in different ways. My personal favourites include:

Martin Barre (Jethro Tull)
John Martyn
Richard Thompson
John Lees (BJH)
Neil Young
Ralph McTell
Bert Jansch
John Renbourn

A

Anonymous

Have any of you heard Joe Bonamassa? "newish" blues/rock really enjoyable. Plus one of my fave's Carlos Santana.

A

Anonymous

i dont know much about joe bonamassa but i saw him on
later with jools holland not long ago and i enjoyed him
very good indeed..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts