manicm

I don't see the value of EQ on cheap devices like WiiMs, which many hype up on YT - including some professionals. If an otherwise good piece of equipment has no EQ, it's immediately dismissed.

This is a good explainer, and is in no way a condemnation of EQ/DSP.

What is interesting is unlike most other room correction/DSP technologies, Linn's Space Optimisation does not involve any use of a microphone, but does require the dealer/installer to implement it.

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
I don't see the value of EQ on cheap devices like WiiMs, which many hype up on YT - including some professionals. If an otherwise good piece of equipment has no EQ, it's immediately dismissed.

This is a good explainer, and is in no way a condemnation of EQ/DSP.

What is interesting is unlike most other room correction/DSP technologies, Linn's Space Optimisation does not involve any use of a microphone, but does require the dealer/installer to implement it.

Hi, I absolutely agree with you. It is more important so select the right system than some fidly dsp or whatsoever. But I can understand people who search for such products. It is their way.

Reactions: Al ears

abacus

If you have a perfect room, then providing the equipment is neutral it cannot be bettered, however 99.0% of people don't, so if they want the best out of there system then DSP can help, anyone who says otherwise has not heard what their systems potential is. (Unless you are the 0.1% that have a perfect room)

Bill

TRENDING THREADS