Epson TW9000 or JVC X3

pba_target

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm in the process of looking for a projector as previous posts have alluded to. I've had a look at a few lower down the price range (optoma HD33 was one I had high hopes for) and not been satisfied with them, particularly due to rainbowing as all the ones I've seen have been single-DLP models and it would appear I'm susceptible! Have seen the X7 and liked very much, but it's obviously out of my price range, even ex-demo as most of them are now. The X3 however falls around the £2500 mark ex demo. This puts it in line with the new TW-9000 from epson, which I've not had a chance to demo. Any thoughts on it, and any possibility of a review being forthcoming in the mag chaps?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm susceptible to rainbow effect too, and as far as I'm concerned, it's the most undesirable side effects of projectors.

While I like the JVC's, I don't find them as sharp as some of the competition, which is my main issue with them. I've been trying to find a PJ to replace my Mitsubishi HC7000, but nothing has made me want to change yet (taking into account the hit I would have to take). The Epson TW9000 and the Sony VW30 are definitely worth looking at, and both, particularly the Epson, are sharper than their previous models. These two see to be the starting point, from what I can see, for replacements for my existing PJ. Although, it's the Sony VW95 that's really caught my eye... :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts