Epoz Aktimate Video Review - Dominic Dawes

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Why does this gentleman look like he's just gout out of bed in a hurry? His hair is all ruffled and he's in a t-shirt? Isn't there a minimum standard to observe relating to attire when presenting these videos on the website with a potential audience of millions?

I have observed a couple of other videos too where the attire isn't very much different? It just doesn't potray a professional doing his job, that's all. My opinion anyway.

A

Anonymous

My 'ruffled' hair is there to distract from my hair lip and pustulating warts. I wear a t-shirt because I have a pathological fear of buttons. On the other hand, the actual content of that review is the result of the work of the most conscientious and committed team of reviewers in the land. Some might think that makes up for my appalling appearance. If you think otherwise, then I humbly apologise.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
This, surely...

John_Snagge.jpg

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
ValianTX:

I have observed a couple of other videos too where the attire isn't very much different? It just doesn't potray a professional doing his job, that's all. My opinion anyway.

But how do you think the team dresses to test kit? A process that involves a lot of unpacking boxes, plugging/unplugging kit - oh, and of course sitting back and enjoying (or not) the music/movie/TV experience involved.

I like to think we present a real-world face, just as we offer real-world advice
emotion-2.gif

Oh, and if you want to see Dom in a tux presenting video for us, there's one on our Awards homepage right here

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Clare Newsome:Oh, and if you want to see Dom in a tux presenting video for us, there's one on our Awards homepage right here

Now you'll set him off on one about Mr Editor Melville not having his dickybow in place while presenting the Awards, Clare...

jeeze...you just cant get the staff these days, what a scruff bag!

:)

A

Anonymous

Yep, I thought the ranks would soon close up on this one.........

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy:professorhat:

I am literally astonished by this!

What- the bit about potential audience of millions.

Yeah, that limited thinking astonishes me, too - after all, our videos are also on YouTube and iTunes, so that's a potential audience of billions, not millions
emotion-2.gif

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Ravey Gravey Davy:professorhat:

I am literally astonished by this!

What- the bit about potential audience of millions.

Yeah, that limited thinking astonishes me, too - after all, our videos are also on YouTube and iTunes, so that's a potential audience of billions, not millions
emotion-2.gif

Well tell the pustulous wart faced lickspittle to get his bib and tucker on then
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

chebby:Ravey Gravey Davy:Well tell the pustulous wart faced lickspittle to ....

Is that actually a job title at WHF?

It is indeed, and at the last company Awards ceremony I won the coveted Pustulous Wart-faced Lickspittle Of The Year Award, so just watch who you're messing with.

A

Anonymous

I agree Claire. Mr Dawes does indeed look very dashing in his tuxedo.....a lot better than Daniel Craig, if I may say so
emotion-5.gif

That's precisely why his rather disheveled appearance caught me by surprise. It was just an observation, nothing more. I did not mean to be critical or anything, and yes, I am aware of the hours the team puts in, not to mention the practical aspects of being attired in such a manner.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy:professorhat:I am literally astonished by this!What- the bit about potential audience of millions.
No, that someone could be that afraid of Buttons. Last time I saw him, he was played by Rolf Harris...

John Duncan

This really is the best thread. I think he cuts quite a dash.....
emotion-5.gif

As for buttons, a friend of mine is not afraid of buttons per se, only big ones. So this statue outside the 'sewing museum' (or something) in New York's 'sewing quarter' (or something) totally freaked her out:

IMG_2068.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts