Epos ELS sub problem

Olli1324

May 28, 2008
Visit site
I think there may be a problem. The sub no longer emits sound. Yet is was fine last night.

The power is fine - the LED is currently on red (stand-by, switches to green for on (when signal is received)). 

When I connect the hi-level input on the sub to the amp, and daisy chain a speaker to the hi-level output on the sub, the speaker works fine. This bit I find most peculiar. 

The speakers also work fine on all of the speaker outputs on the amp.

This leads me to believe that the amp and speakers are in perfect working order; as they were last night. 

Am I missing something painfully obvious? Does anyone have any suggestions? Otherwise it means getting the heffalump back to the dealer...

Also, as a side point, is it just me or do companies go out of their way to make it frustratingly difficult to connect the speaker wire to? By God, if Marantz spent just 50 pence more on the design of the terminals.... 

Kit:

Marantz PM6002

Beresford DAC

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

Epos ELS 3 subwoofer

Olli1324

May 28, 2008
Visit site
I have checked the volume...

ÿ

Just seems odd that it has stopped working so suddenly, and it is only a couple of months old. Extremely frustrating, really.ÿ

ÿ

ÿAnd the amp just tripped out after about 5 seconds of having the speaker connected (and also the sub). I hope THAT doesn't turn into a problem as well.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Hi Olli,

You might be interested in the following thread:

http://whathifi.com/forums/t/116232.aspx

Note that I have a very similar setup to yours, i.e. the ELS driven off a PM6002. My ELS went back for repair, and since then (about 3 weeks now) has been functioning fine, touch wood.

Olli1324

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your response.

ÿI'll try fiddling with the low filter as Andrew suggested in your thread; you never know, it might do something. Otherwise it is the uneviable job of getting it exchanged/repaired.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts