Electronics not level when isolated??

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
just put sqaush balls under my amp but its now not level as one side is heavier than the other i think due to the power supply which is pressing harder on squash balls. What can I do?

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Soopafly49 said:
just put sqaush balls under my amp but its now not level as one side is heavier than the other i think due to the power supply which is pressing harder on squash balls. What can I do?

Take the squash balls away and leave the equipment on the feet that it was designed to sit on. The only equipment designed to have any sort of suspension, is the turntable and that is built in.

A

Anonymous

Here’s a good test to determine where you need amplifier isolation or not:

1. With no music playing, put your ear near one of the speakers.

2. Now reach over and whack the face of the amplifier with a rubber mallet.

Did you hear anything coming out of the speaker? No? Good, that vibration you just introduced is many, many orders of magnitude greater than anything that will normally occur in your listening environment. Therefore, you don’t need isolators.

;)

A

Anonymous

I agree it's probably hifi voodoo.

If you're convinced you need to do it then try squash balls of different 'bounciness' levels. you can tell the difference by looking at the colour dot on each ball. The idea is that beginners use bouncier balls so they have a better chance of getting a game going and pro use less bouncy as they obviously have greater skill levels.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts