ELAC BS243 or Tannoy DC6

Ygate

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I can get the Tannoy for about 450 pounds and the ELAC for about 650 pounds. The question is, is the difference in price worth it? I heard the ELAC is in a different class but am not sure since I can't audition either. At first I was fixated on the tannoy but now I can't decide

Thanks

Hi Ygate,

Two very, very different speakers here. Difficult even trying to point you in the right direction as we do not know the rest of your set-up / room size but more importantly we do not have your ears! If you cannot audition either of these my suggestion is to go for the Tannoys first (which are available new from around £360 by the way).

Then if you cannot get on with them, flog them on, and buy the ELAC's to try.

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm a fan of the Elacs and their ribbon tweeter. Very good bass for the size and they come with different sized bungs to tune the bass to your liking. But they can sound a bit bright in the wrong system/room.

Sorry, haven't heard the Tannoys.

Ygate

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Alears said:
Hi Ygate,

Two very, very different speakers here. Difficult even trying to point you in the right direction as we do not know the rest of your set-up / room size but more importantly we do not have your ears! If you cannot audition either of these my suggestion is to go for the Tannoys first (which are available new from around £360 by the way).

Then if you cannot get on with them, flog them on, and buy the ELAC's to try.

I can't return them as shipping would cost a lot, if that is the case I would go for the higher ones

My room is about 6 x 4.5 meters as for the amp, I would love to get a DAC/amp combo but I have yet to get one

can you suggest me places to buy from, I found the tannoy for about 400pounds

as for why I can't audition them, these speakers are not sold in the UAE so I can't hear them before I buy them, the only way is to order them

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried: Thomsun electronics main showroom,

Salahudheen road, Deira Dubai.

Not sure what Tannoys they stock. Even if they don't stock it maybe worth hearing some they do stock.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts