A

Anonymous

i have just read a review of the
Sennheiser CX-300-II earphones from this site rated at £40. I have found the same pair on play.com selling for £13.99. how can this be? the link is below:
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/10852716/Sennheiser-CX300-II-Precision-ECO-Headphones/Product.html?cur=257

idc

James, if you get the CX-300s for that price you should spend some of the change (£20) on Amazon and get the FiiO E5 portable headphone amp. If you dont then I would recommend the Sennheiser PX200s. If you can blow the budget and get both you will have something pretty special. Along with your classic, I would say you then have have the cheapest, best sounding hifi setup money can buy.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
idc - re the FiiO E5 portable headphone amp - how does it work?

do I need to shut off the internal amplification in the iPod?

batteries - internal I presume (li-ion?); how does it charge?

does it attach to the pod, or is there a cable between it an the iPod and another to the phones (if it's a cable attachment - how long is it?)

I can guess it is useful for big cans, but would it make a difference with SE110s?

Finally (!), is it just about making it sound louder? I'm happy with how loud my iPod is currently.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

thanks for advice. but the amplifier is something extra to carry with you isn't it. the point of an ipod is so you can have it in your pocket when travelling.

A

Anonymous

thanks for help. im also after a ipod dock with alarm clock. any recommendations?

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
thanks idc - seems, from what you say, that the benefit using the headphone jack is minimal, and the best results are with a LOD? in that case, don't think it's worth the lack of portability - it's for commuting.... thanks anyway, interesting read.

A

Anonymous

Ive been following this post. Thanks for the advice Big Aura.... you sure know your stuff!

idc

Big Aura:......don't think it's worth the lack of portability.

Lack of portability!? If the E5 is too big there is always the smaller battery powered E3. It is tiny, the picture is its actual size give or take a millimetre and its under a tenner off Amazon.

31hVFWaqHIL._SL160_AA160_.jpg

You dont need the LOD to enjoy the FiiOs benefits. The LOD is more to improve the sound from the ipod.

TRENDING THREADS