E3 2011

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Thought it was time a thread was started about the show and what you all thought of it? Wii U...are you interested/excited by the news of the new console? The Sony Vita hand held...again what do you think about it? Who had the best show and what games caught your eye, lot's to talk about.

A

Anonymous

I'm not bothered at the moment by either, the new Sony or Nintendo. I can't see us getting another console in the next 2 or 3 years. If I was going to get another machine for portable gaming it would be an iPad 3 or 4. Whenever they get launched. I am however really impressed with what I have seen of the new Tomb Raider reboot, Bioshock Infinity and Forza 4. Roll on Friday for The Duke.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I read something about the new Sony PSP a while back and it looked very interesting. Trouble is, I get all exicted about these things, go out and buy one and then tend to never use the darn thing, so I may well pass this time!

EDIT - feel free to point me back to this post in a year's time when I mention I have one in the drawer that I barely use...
smiley-embarassed.gif

A

Anonymous

I've read very little about the Sony. The original psp has put me off some what. I think in order for it to succeed it needs to be more than just a games machine. It has to take on the Touch and Smart phones. Not just the DS.
Just because I won't be getting one (or Wii U) doesn't mean to say in a couple of years the laddo doesn't get one as a prezzie.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
NSYGrinner said:
I've read very little about the Sony. The original psp has put me off some what. I think in order for it to succeed it needs to be more than just a games machine. It has to take on the Touch and Smart phones. Not just the DS. Just because I won't be getting one (or Wii U) doesn't mean to say in a couple of years the laddo doesn't get one as a prezzie.

But then Sony already have their Xperia Play phone to take on the likes of the smart phones. The Vita is meant to be an out and out portable games machine (I believe). To succeed, I think it's vital that

(a) it does this well for those traditional gamers as opposed to the social gaming line Nintendo have taken recently;

(b) it needs to have access to some dedicated, sensibly priced "killer app" games written specifically for it on release. If it's just poor ports of PSN / PS3 games, then it will struggle.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I bought a 2nd hand PSP off ebay a couple of yearsback and barely touched it - its just never appealed to me after getting it :s

Just booted it now to download the 2 free games

That said, a HD OLED screen might get me interested :p

As for E3: I downloaded some trailers to my PS3 yesterday. Certainly some interesting games coming out. Theres a 'god' one that looks amazing (cant recall the name without booting up)

I was stunned by the quality of Infamous 2 and was thinking to myself have sony recently updated the upscaling software? The depth of field effect on my tv was jaw dropping. Its either that, or the new HDMI chord active cable ive fitted has made an impressive difference! Oh wait, what am I saying.....thats impossible!

TRENDING THREADS